Additional learning for the students of Gyanam Junior College.
Life Skills: Life Skills are abilities for adaptive and positive behavior that enable individuals to deal effectively with the demands and challenges of everyday life… – WHO
It refers to the broad capabilities students develop and apply during learning and applying in life beyond the classroom.
UNICEF, UNESCO and WHO has given the list of ten core life skills. They are:
- Self Awareness Building Skills
- Creative Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal Relationship Skills
- Coping with Stress Coping with Emotions
We at Gyanam, encourage mutual and collective efforts to develop, apply and promote life skills to improve quality of life and education among the students.
- Initiate and promote Life Skills in teaching, training and to strengthening the theoretical framework of Life Skills Education among students.
- To make our students standout as an achiever by getting trained in different life skills.
- To expand the scope of career opportunities for them and making them capable of fulfilling their professional goals by pursuing them relentlessly.
85% of one’s success depends on his / her emotional intelligence and only 15 % on IQ. Gyanam Junior College aims to develop the personality of its students holistically and organizes number of workshops related to life skills.
It is a unique initiative to add these workshops with the intermediate course.
Following is the list of workshops that would be organized in the span of two years of intermediate