BA Political Science
B.A. in Political Science or Bachelor of Arts in Political Science is a 3-year undergraduate degree programme in Political Science. Political science is a study of political philosophy and practice and a description and interpretation of the political system and of political conduct. Political Science is a 3-year undergraduate program. The course involves the study of both national and international political systems. During the course, students are taught historical and modern political systems, public administration, governmental policies and procedures, international relations, and public affairs. The basic eligibility is 10+2 or any other equivalent examination. The student must pass the 12th board examinations with at least 50% marks. The admission to the course is based on the cut-off list issued by the university or college.
BA Political Science syllabus provides students an opportunity to explore different dimensions of political science like theory and practice of politics and description and analysis of political system and political behavior. Over the past years, BA Political Science has emerged as one of the most preferred courses among students in India. There are many benefits of pursuing this course, some of which are given below.
- The course imparts in-depth knowledge about the various dimensions of political science like the study of government, law & order, socio-economic practices, etc..
- Students can find lucrative job offers in the government sector.
- The course opens up exciting career opportunities in various fields like Federal, state, and local governments, Law, Business and international organizations, Nonprofit associations and organizations, Electoral politics and polling, Journalism, Research, and teaching.
- Apart from seeking jobs, students who choose to pursue BA Political Science can further opt-out for higher education in the related field. Either way, their knowledge of the subject builds up.
- The course is a blessing for the students who aim to crack the civil services examination. The course helps them cover a major part of the entrance syllabus.
Career Options in Political Science
Some of the job profiles available to a BA Political Science graduate include Editor, News Reporter, Writer, Politician, Bank Manager, Clerk, etc. The graduates can find jobs in Federal, state, and local governments, Law, Business and international organizations, Nonprofit associations and organizations, Electoral politics & polling, Journalism, Research and teaching, Politics, Public Service, Media, Education, Social Service, etc.
- Civil Services.
- Policy Analyst.
- Legislative Assistant.
- Social Media Manager.
- Marketing Research Analyst.